Back to all jobs
Data Engineer Internship (Connected Services and Solutions)
LocationHoofddorp, the Netherlands
Education levelHigher vocational education
Are you a student in the field of Data Engineering and Analytics and looking to gain practical experience within a fast-moving international company? This is your chance! OMRON Healthcare EMEA is looking for a bright and creative Data Engineering student to join our dynamic team for an exciting internship!
What will be your role?
As a member of the EMEA Connected Services and Solutions (CSS) team, you will be working at the forefront of Omron’s digital health revolution. You will be mainly working from home and when it is possible again come to the office in Hoofddorp.
Our CSS team are launching a range of new consumer health product, focused on digital services. Your role will be to design and implement data pipelines and analysis to generate insight and drive user engagement. At OMRON there is never a dull moment and you can expect that during your internship, you will:
- Design, implement, and test data pipelines
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal data extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources
- Collaborate with domain experts to solve data challenges
- Develop data reporting interfaces & dashboards to gain deeper insights into the performance of our services
- Be a voice to the data-driven strategies for the CSS team
Who are we looking for?
- A currently enrolled Master level student in the field of Data Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience programming with Python, SQL and working with AWS services
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Familiar with best practices such as CI/CD, testing, and coding standards
- Understanding of statistical techniques and concepts
- Curious, open-minded, and a fast learner
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment
What is in it for you?
- Experience in an international healthcare company, working towards reducing the burdens of health management for everyone
- Learn, understand, and implement best practice data security techniques when working with sensitive health data
- Experience working in an ambitious and international team with a diverse skillset
Please note: This is a full-time internship for a minimum period of 6 to 12 months Only applicants who are enrolled as students for the entire duration of the internship will be considered.