OMRON Healthcare is a global leader in the field of clinically proven, innovative medical equipment for health monitoring (Blood Pressure Monitors) and therapy (Nebulisers & Pain Management). We praise ourselves for making zero compromises when it comes to the healthier lives of our consumers, this attitude has delivered us the global leader in the sector of Blood Pressure monitors.
OMRON Healthcare Europe (OHE) is searching for a Logistics Coordinator to join our Supply Chain Team. Headquartered in Hoofddorp – the Amsterdam metropolitan area – the Netherlands, we offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a diverse environment, with excellent opportunities to expand your skills and experience on an international level.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for planning and designing an optimal distribution structure of OHE products, parts and accessories within the EMEA region. He/she coordinates all activities relating to the physical distribution of these OHE products, parts, and accessories. He/she ensures timely and accurate distribution to meet demands and maximize sales potential/inventory control against minimum logistics costs. The Logistics Coordinator negotiates freight tariffs and implements changes to reduce Cost to Serve for OHE. The Logistics Manager is responsible for optimizing the inventory and distribution network.
• Manage 3rd party logistics supplier’s performance and raise complaints/claims. Track KPI and escalate deviations to Service Level Agreements to (3PL) management.
• Act as the escalation point for suppliers, transport, warehouse and resolve problems to ensure incoming shipments arrive and are palletized on time.
• Manage the periodical stock count and/or cycle count at all external warehouses.
• Tender and negotiate freight tariffs under the guidance of the Head of Supply Chain. Continuously benchmark freight pricing & recommend cost-efficient service levels.
• Manage and coach the Inventory Controller / Purchaser, including recruitment, performance review, people development, work allocation, conflict resolution and termination.
• Minimizes logistics costs through an optimal and timely choice of transport options (air, sea, and seaport consolidation) and purchase order frequency and size.
• Chair the Monthly Business Reviews with 3rd Party Logistics Providers and freight forwarders.
• Work on improvement projects to drive innovation and optimize existing processes and systems.
• A Higher vocational professional education (bachelor’s degree) in the field of Logistics
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Logistics role or similar in an international commercially oriented company
• Strong negotiation skills and purchasing expertise
• Hands-on experience in a transport/forwarding company and/or warehouse provider
• Proven experience and track record in coordinating complex operations involving Customs, Transport and Warehouse providers
• Good knowledge of import/export documentation, incoterms, and regulations
• Affinity with warehouse management systems
• Strong communication skills, with proficient English (written and verbal)
• Proficiency in the local language is advantageous
• Good knowledge of Excel (Microsoft Office), as well as good knowledge of an ERP system (JD Edwards is a definite advantage)
• Proactive, independent, and innovative person
• Passionate about customers
• Making it happen
• Total team player
• International, inclusive, and flexible working environment.
• Opportunities to join training & courses for your personal and professional development.
• Competitive primary & secondary employment benefits package (including commuting allowance, lunch allowance, gym membership budget, pension scheme & healthcare insurance compensation).
• 28 days of holiday per year with the possibility to earn an additional 4 days.
• Hybrid working and budget to help set up your home office space.
Please submit your CV in English.