Back to all jobs
(Senior) Category Manager
LocationHoofddorp, the Netherlands
Seniority levelExpert level
Education levelBachelor degree
The OMRON Healthcare EMEA team is looking for an entrepreneurial, curious and passionate Senior Category Manager (Product Group Manager) for the Cardiovascular category that is willing to make a difference for people, helping them realize healthy and comfortable lives, in line with our mission. At OMRON Healthcare, we want to create an environment where we minimize the current medical impact that certain conditions have on people’s daily lives and create more room for quality of life. Each of our actions and products pursues this mission and is a step towards improving people's lives around the world.
About the role
As the Senior Category Manager Cardiovascular, you will be leading the biggest product category at OMRON Healthcare. You will be responsible for defining the mid and long-term category strategies, based on the consumer, customer and market needs, as well as ensuring the short-term implementation of the strategy across EMEA countries.
In this exciting role you will be part of the EMEA Marketing team and working very close with sales and trade marketing on the implementation of the category strategy, and with the R&D team on the definition of new products to ensure the category growth.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Your key activities:
- Develops EMEA mid-term category strategy (4Ps) and sets 3-year targets (sales, SOM, penetration) for the category for OHE group based on 3C analysis and in depth market and consumer understanding.
- Contributes and influences OMRON categories’ mid and long-term strategy and innovation pipeline.
- Ensures a thorough market understanding in order to determine current market requirements and opportunities for the category, based on solid customer, market and competitor research.
- Works closely with sales and omnichannel marketing to ensure the category strategy is implemented locally, by defining the right product portfolio, pricing, channel and promotional strategy, and targets are met.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic new products, including product definition, price, channel and promotion strategy.
- Tracks category development and performance and assumes responsibility for category growth and targets. Suggests improvements/changes to meet the goal if not met and ensures implementation in collaboration with sales/activation team.
- Identify key category stories and messages for marketing activation for consumers based on in depth category and consumer knowledge, and collaborate with the Omnichannel marketing team on the in-market activation.
What makes you a strong candidate?
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing and/or engineering but preferably a Master’s degree;
- At least 7-10 years experience in the field of Marketing, including developing marketing strategy, upstream product development and go-to-market.
- Strong leadership skills to set direction and engage others.
- Energetic and passionate for consumer and costumers.
- Strong strategic thinker, creative, innovative, communicative and good at priority-setting.
- Experience on multicultural and international environment
- Proficient in the English language, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
OMRON core competencies:
- Passionate about customers
- Making it happen
- Total team players
- Team leaders
Want to apply?
A resume (in English) is required.